Friday, October 22, 2010

Revisiting Ruthie Sommers

In the latest issue of Lonny, Ruthie Sommers gave some insight into what makes her designs so fantastic.


I love this "formula" and decided I should revisit her portfolio for some inspiration.  And oh boy, am I glad I did.  There are days, sometimes weeks, when I can't find inspiration that truly excites me.  And when I clicked through the 100 or so (yes, amazing) images of Ruthie's designs, I was in design heaven again! Her use of pattern, color and texture is something I really admire.  And that black and white stripped wall (not that I haven't seen one before) has put a new idea in my head for my built in desk.  Here are my favorites, as always.


To die for vases...


Everyone needs a zebra something...



The colored chairs are genius.











Neeeeeeeed that wallpaper!

Cut your favorite flower very short and put a few in a stemless wine glass for this look!


That coffee table makes me swoon...








I think it's love.

-MLL

2 comments: