Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A {White} Wash

One of the things that I appreciate about the South is their design style.  Everything is light and bright, but they aren't afraid of patterns and color.  There was just an article in Southern Living about a beach house makeover.  On this dreary day in San Francisco, the bright whites did the trick for me.

BEFORE:


AFTER:


BEFORE:


 AFTER:


Not only do the new seating arrangements open up the space, but I think that the whites and light woods really make a difference.  One of my favorite tricks with brick fireplaces is white washing them.  It immediately lightens the room.  Also, did anyone notice the cowhide bench in the fireplace area?  I NEED one of those!!!!!!

On a side note: I've got a lot of new things coming to the blog!  I've gotten some great ideas from friends so far.  Please don't hesitate to drop me a note if you want to see something featured on Attention to Detail.  Thanks for reading!

-MLL

No comments:

Post a Comment