Monday, November 29, 2010

Holiday Decor

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoyed a few days off (if you were so lucky)!  My weekend was full of celebrating with family and friends and eating A LOT.  I also had a chance to do a little holiday shopping, which included buying a few holiday decor items for our house.  Yippee!  I'm holiday obsessed and I might go a little overboard this time of year...Christmas music is being played 24/7, etc.  I thought Peter might kill me when I walked in with bags and boxes from Michaels (a great resource, btw) full of goodies.  But everything turned out super cute and I got his approval.  Here is what I have so far.

 I arranged this cute tray with a holiday berry candle and a cloisonne vase filled with berry stems.  The vase was my grandma's and the candle and berry stems are both from Michaels.

Close-up.

 I'm also IN LOVE with these table top trees that my mom got for me.  She got a set for herself as well.  How cute are they!?!  Also from Michaels, FYI.  They come with lights, but I couldn't reach the plug to get a picture for you.  The ornaments are sold separately and they have a ton of color choices.  The P, M and K are bell ornaments that Peter actually suggested I put on the trees.

Pretty cute, huh?


The last holiday-ish thing I have is this cute "gift" that my mom picked up at a holiday fair her school was hosting.
It is a glass box that you use for basement windows and such.  The person who made these just filled the box with white holiday lights and tied a ribbon on top.  So cuuuuuuute!

So, anyway, I thought I would give you some more ideas for decorating your home for the holidays.  I actually found a ton of great images and ideas from Country Living...

 Fill any kind of pretty vessel with ornaments in any color you like.  Easy peasy and so pretty.

 Grab a large, clear glass vase and fill it with cranberries.  Then stick your favorite flower right into the cranberries.  They will actually help with arranging your bouquet so it looks perfect!

 I'm completely OBSESSED with this idea!  Get a simple wreath and hang it with a striped ribbon.  Peter suggested getting a wreath instead of a tree this year and I'm so doing this with it!

 Add garland and berries to a desk, console or dresser...

 This garland is so pretty and very classic hung around the door frame.

 I like those mini trees in the trophy cups.  Michaels sells mini trees just like these!  This is potentially an all year round greenery idea, yes?

 The garland and tree are beautiful with the silver, lime green and glitter accents.

 Just a hurricane filled with ornaments!

 Swag for the door.

 Cutie pine cone tree!  Country Living suggests starting with a foam cone and some floral picks (wires).  Just attach the picks to the pine cones and then attach the cones to the foam.  This is a good alternative to a Christmas tree.  Hmmmmmm.

 Have a petit four tray hiding in the kitchen?  Place different ornaments on the various levels for a modern take on holiday decor.

 More mini trees.

This compote filled with white tulip buds is to die for!

 Glitter and gold makes me happy and I think it will make you happy too.

 Hang a wreath in the center of an empty frame!  You could put this on a blank wall of the back of a door and it would be oh so cute.

Wreaths galore.

So many ideas what is a girl to do???

-MLL

*images courtesy of myself and Country Living Magazine.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of the inspiration. I can't wait to deck the halls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still not "quite" ready to transform the house---but somewhat more inspired. Thanks, Morgan.

    ReplyDelete