Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hillary Thomas Designs

As I've mentioned before, I love revisiting designer portfolios that I've bookmarked over the years.  Hillary Thomas Designs is one of those in my "favorites" folder and I of course know why.  Her designs are based on mixing pieces from high and low price points. As Hilary puts it good design is "where inexpensive flea market finds and fine antiques can coexist effortlessly."  I myself love mixing pieces from boutiques with thrift store finds, so I really appreciate Hillary's take and her sensibility in approaching interiors.  Check out her incredible portfolio.



 This entryway draws me in every time.  It's a great mix of ornate pieces.


 The bedding, roman shades, pagoda armoire...I'll take it all, pleaseandthankyou.

 Killer pink drapes that look surprisingly sophisticated.

 Oversized art work always gets my vote.

 Love me some turquoise and pink!

 Dramatic workspace with the black and white contrasts.  I love that leafy wallpaper.



 I'm so drawn to this photo and I never know why.  Maybe it is the sweet nightstand with the lovely monogrammed sheets against a modern headboard.


 Pops of pink never hurt.





 LOVE.



I think Hillary is also coming out with a line of home goods in the near future so stay tuned for more goodies!

-MLL

1 comment: