Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Home on the Yucatan

Last night I decided to torture myself by browsing the homes in the NYTimes "Great Homes and Destinations" section.  In doing so, I came across the most beautiful family and home on the Yucatan Peninsula.  They converted the structure from a one-room house to a two-bedroom, 5000 sq ft home centered around a courtyard.

Nicolas Malleville, Francesca Bonato and son Leon

5000 sq ft centered around this beautiful courtyard

Inside the home...





I absolutely LOVE the mosaic floors throughout the house, as well as the understated glamor of the light fixtures, furniture and decor.  Someday... :)

-MLL

2 comments:

  1. Seriously could become my dream house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought jealousy was an ugly emotion to entertain, but I'm offering it a drink right about now.

    ReplyDelete