Thursday, March 31, 2011

Look For Less: Colorful Sitting Area

Did you guys like my look for less last week?  A close friend of mine suggested I do a look for less series and I really enjoyed putting it together that week.  So I've decided to do another one for you!  Would you guys like to see one every week?  I'd love your feedback!  

This is a room that I've loved for a long time.  The bright colors give me hope as Spring creeps in!


LFL version:
This room is really easy to recreate because it has a few statement pieces and a lot of accessories that can be easily personalized.  I started out with a beautiful blue settee from Nate Berkus' HSN line and a little ottoman from Pottery Barn.  The one I've selected has a red stripe but it's available in blue as well.  Then I picked a jute rug from Pier 1.  These are available everywhere, but I know Pier 1 usually has great prices on rugs.  I found the Ma vie de chien poster on ebay and the Keep Calm poster can be found all over Etsy or Amazon.  Then to finish off the look I found a black and white link pillow on overstock and a colorful cushion cover from Ikea.  I also found a throw at Ikea in a beautiful coral shade.  You can totally play with colors and accessories in this room which makes it really fun!

Settee - $500
Ottoman - $150
Rug - $60
Throw - $20

-MLL

No comments:

Post a Comment