Monday, February 14, 2011

Ikea Side Table Makeover

I hope you guys all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was super productive as I made a lot of progress in our bedroom design.  It is really coming along, although, I do still need to paint the walls, which is hanging over my head because our bedroom furniture is SO heavy.  Besides that there have been many things on my to-do list that I've been checking off one by one and this weekend it happened to be our nightstands that got a little love.  I've been using the IKEA Lack tables as our nightstands for a while now.  I actually hated how they looked but I hadn't found a better solution.  So when I was out and about on Saturday, I popped into a fabric store and hit the jackpot.  I scored 4 yards of Windsor Smith's Riad Fabic in Clove, which I knew would be perfect to dress up those Lack tables.


So I took this table


and I detached the legs.  Then I cut fabric to fit (one piece for the top and four pieces for the legs).  Next, I used my staple gun to attach the fabric to the 5 pieces and lastly reassembled the table.

Before:

 After:


It was so easy and really makes a huge difference in the room!  What do you think?

Oh and Happy Valentine's Day!

-MLL

6 comments:

  1. Morgan! I think it looks great! I have a few of those tables as well, and I hated them too! What a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative is that! Great job!

    Mr. Goodwill Hunting

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is amazing! i have the same tables. not sure i'm as handy with a glue gun as you though!

    http://nauticalwheelerjewelry.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again, Morgan, you blow me away with your amazing DIY skills! It looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love it! also... have you ever seen this site? The house tours rock!

    http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/

    ReplyDelete